Hi friends! Today’s post is one I’m really excited to write about, as I had a lot of fun researching and taking notes for it and it came as a request from my dear friend Kaily from Hello Kaily! She asked for a comparison between Urban Decay’s Naked 3 palette and theBalm’s Nude Dude and Nude ‘Tude, and Coastal Scents’ Revealed 3 palettes, which I was more than happy to provide!
Let’s start by breaking down the palettes: there are 12 shades in Naked 3, three of which are matte. Nude Dude and Nude ‘Tude have 12 shades, with five matte each, and Revealed 3 has 20 shades, with five matte as well.
- Strange: No similar colors in either palette. All three palettes have one or two light shades like Strange, but none are close enough to be considered for this comparison.
- Dust: In Revealed 3, shade #14 is pretty much identical to Dust.
- Burnout: In Nude ‘Tude, Stubborn is extremely similar but a bit lighter than Burnout. In Revealed 3, #14 is also very similar but more pink that Burnout.
- Limit: In Nude Dude, Feisty is similar to Limit, but a bit less pink.
- Buzz: In Nude Dude, Flirty is very similar but more purple than Buzz.
- Trick: In Nude Dude, Fit is almost exactly the same as Trick, just a bit lighter. In Revealed 3, #5 is similar but a darker and cooler color than Trick.
- Nooner: No similar shades.
- Liar: No similar shades.
- Factory: In Revealed 3, #16 is very similar to Factory, but just a bit more brown than Factory is.
- Mugshot: In Nude ‘Tude, Selfish is very similar but more cool-toned than Mugshot.
- Darkside: In Nude Dude, Friendly is very similar to Darkside but a little darker.
- Blackheart: In Nude ‘Tude, Silly is similar to Blackheart but more brown, with less copper shimmer than Blackheart has.
So there we have it! I had to take notes on all of these (I made a table to compare them, no kidding) and then do the swatch pictures in good lighting in order to get the best idea, but I love how this post turned out! Overall, out of the 12 shades in Naked 3, nine of them have similar colors in one of the three palettes.
What do you think? I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what you thought! Thanks for reading!