Hi guys! After a long two months (ish), I’m back in the US and back in business! I’ve been getting down and dirty, organizing all the posts I wanted to write now that I’m back in the US and reunited with my full makeup collection, and now that I’ve photographed a shit ton of posts, I’m ready to get back into a regular posting schedule! Expect posts from me every Tuesday and Thursday and lots of exciting posts (including some awesome collabs) starting today!
While I was away, I got three different ipsy bags and while I was originally not planning on writing about the ones for January and February, I decided to divide my usual beauty boxes post into three posts with each beauty box for the past three months. That being said, this will be my last ipsy post for the time being, as I decided on a whim that I didn’t want it anymore! Actually, I think it was looking at three bags at once and not feeling particularly excited about any of them that did it.
So let’s get started, shall we?
The first bag of 2016 was this colorful number, with the theme “All Eyes on You.” The bag is cute but I’m not a huge fan of it, so don’t be surprised if you see it pop up in my next giveaway… In this bag, I received:
- Hey Honey Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid.
- MARSK Mineral Eyeshadow in You’re Toast.
- theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner Pencil in Scott B. Bordeaux.
- Dirty Little Secret Satin Lipstick in Vengeance.
- Lasting Smiles Lip Balm in Peppermint Creme.
Overall, it’s a pretty good bag, but nothing in it makes me super excited to have gotten it. Out of these five things, I think I’m actually keeping three of them (the eyeliner, the shadow and the lipstick) and the rest are going to my next giveaway!
For February, we received this cute pixelated bag with the theme “Pretty in #ipsypink.” In this bag, I received:
- VINTAGE by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lip Gloss in Pink Sequin.
- Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment in Sierra Nevada 02.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil.
- Perfectly Posh Best Face Forever Exfoliating Daily Facewash.
- Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat.
This bag may have been my least favorite. Again, I’m keeping three of the five products (the pigment, the face wash and the gel coat) and the other two are off to the giveaway pile (which is getting quite large).
Lastly, this is what I received for my March bag, which had the theme “Hello, Spring!” This one is by far my favorite bag and I was very excited to see all the products in it! This month, I received:
- Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Smoothing Cream.
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Pink Lust.
- Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo in Rose Gold.
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Fantasy.
- Margaret Dabbs London Super Shiner Buffer.
Out of these five things, I’ll be keeping three of them (the hair cream, the eye shadow and the buffer). I know you’re probably thinking, “Valentina! You love highlighters and lipstick!” But here’s the thing: I have lipstick colors that are really similar to the one I received (if I only I had gotten Soft Spoken… sigh) and I have more than enough highlighters (not to mention I wouldn’t wear the blush), so I figured I’d rather find them a better home!
So that’s my last three ipsy bags, and my last bags for the time being! I don’t know if one day I’ll cave and resubscribe, but for now I’m proud of myself for making the decision to cancel.
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you got in your ipsy bags lately.