I will openly admit that I’m a beauty box addict. I started with birchbox back in 2013, got ipsy, canceled birchbox, and kept ipsy up until two months ago when a friend introduced me to Boxycharm and then on a whim resubscribed to birchbox the other day. So I currently have three and while I’m not on the hunt for a new one, I do keep my eyes and ears open for another one I might like better in case I decide to switch one of my current ones.
I’ve been blogging for a month and a half now but I didn’t think to do a ipsy and Boxycharm blog last month, so I’m excited that this will be my first one on the blog of what will hopefully be a monthly installment!
First up, ipsy:
In this month’s ipsy, I got:
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil: Right off the bat I didn’t have a good feel about this product, which is a shame because I was excited to try it. It supposedly works for anyone with light to dark hair but when I tried it, it was hard to get on, not a good texture, and really dark with just one coat. Someone else with darker hair might like it more, so I’ll probably give it to someone or trade someone for a different product.
- J. Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain: I haven’t actually tried this yet but I did swatch it (swatches will be toward the bottom of the post) and I like the color and the smell a lot so I’m sure I’ll like this! It seems very pigmented for a lip stain and that’s a good thing because on my lips I’m either all or nothing.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: I haven’t done a full face of makeup since I got this bag so I actually haven’t tried this, but I’m a little sad I didn’t get the Too Faced lipstick instead of this. We’ll see how it goes! I’ve heard good things.
- Lavanila Laboratories Healthy Body Butter in Pure Vanilla: I used this last night before bed and I loved it. It made my skin feel great, it smells delicious but not too strong, and it’s not sticky or greasy at all.
- tre’StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon: This was another disappointment in this bag. The shade is WAY too dark for what I normally wear, so I’ll probably try and trade it for something else. Looking at the colors that other people got, I’m a little sad because two of them I would’ve loved!
Overall, this wasn’t the best bag I’ve gotten from them, but I do have a lot of faith in ipsy and I’m hoping they’ll redeem themselves in next month’s bag.
In this month’s Boxycharm, I got:
- Eslor Chlorophyll Lifting Mask: I haven’t actually used this yet since I literally just got the box today, but I do love trying new skin products. The description says that it “tightens the skin, helps enhance blood circulation, and diminishes fine lines.” It’s almost 40 dollars, so I’m hoping it’ll be a good product!
- Bellapierre Cosmetics Kabuki Brush: It’s been a while since I’ve used a Kabuki brush but I do like them, so this wasn’t an unwelcome addition to my Boxycharm. It was shedding a little in the box so that was a slight disappointment but still worth a try.
- Doucce Click Click Lipstick: You probably know by now what a sucker I am for a good lipstick, and I was really excited to get this one! It’s a beautiful color (swatch below) and the packaging is really fun (you open it by clicking the base like with a pen). The first time I tried to open it, I clicked it twice because of the name and couldn’t figure out why it didn’t open!
- The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream: I didn’t remember seeing this in my sneak peek but I was so excited to see it in the box! I’ve been on the hunt for a highlighter and this one is absolutely beautiful and it seems just right for my skin.
- ncLA Nail Lacquer: I was really excited for this as well, since I can’t actually wear color nail polish to work so I have to get creative with a lot of nude nail polish colors!
This wasn’t bad for my second Boxycharm. I think I liked the first one first, but I definitely intend on sticking around longer with them.
Last but not least, my Ulta mini-haul! I was getting lunch with a friend and there was an Ulta in the area, so we went there to look around a little and, because I have no self-control, I came out with a few new goodies. I got Simple micellar water, which you know I’ve been dying to try if you saw my wish list! I also got Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind concealer thanks to someone I follow (I don’t remember who so if it was you please let me know) who recommended it the other day, and one of Maybelline’s new matte lipsticks in Lush For Blush. Swatches for these last two will be below!
Lastly, here are the swatches. From left to right: The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer, Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Lush Blush, tre’StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon Kona Coffee, Doucce Click Click Lipstick in #806 and J. Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain in Hikilicious.
What did you get in your ipsy/birchbox/Boxycharm this month?